 Off-Topic / Debate / 13103
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:39:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
I'm pointing out the dirty facts behind the curtain the popular American
media has created regarding Palestine and Israel. If that is being
one-sided, then the only "side" I'm on is that of truth and justice. I make
no bones about shedding light on the mainstream misconceptions regarding
this subject and I cannot go along with the usual posts here trying to
justify the Israeli occupation and America's support. Wrong is wrong.
Slavery was wrong. Apartheid was wrong. The occupation is wrong. That's my
side then, what's the other side?!

FWIW Dan,

I've really appreciated the information that you and others have presented here
from the "other" side of this issue.  Even if I do kind of agree (from across
subjects, not just the issue of Israel) that you slam the US quite often.  (But
so do I, just (often) about different topics.)

I also listened to a show the other day on NPR on censorship and stuff.  In it,
a guess was a videographer in Iraq during Desert Storm who took footage of US
ordnance blowing up in neighborhoods of civilians.  This footage wasn't
explicitly censored, but no one would air it as part of the news for fear of
alienating government officials.  His comment was that our weapons weren't
nearly as accurate as we were lead to believe.

I think it's important for us to hear all the angles because our government is
certainly not above lying to us.

But I don't get two things.  Why is everyone here is jumping on you for stating
that Israel is a terrorist organization.  And why won't you appease (at least)
Larry by acknowledging that Palestine is ruled by terrorists.  Why don't we all
agree that they're both quite nasty in their handling of one another.  That is
what we think, isn't it?

Chris