 Off-Topic / Debate / 13154
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:47:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Judging by your previous comments in this group, you're a hothead that • would
resort
to physical violence.  Far past comments, and very recent ones.

Look who's talking, especially after some of your comments in the debate
about handguns.

*For those of you that don't know, Tom is referring to one incident when he
insisted that he'd treat me rudely in person and my response was "come show
me." Because he is a coward, Tom chose to take it as a threat rather than me
calling him out on his OWN rude and hostile attitude he frequently expresses
on LUGNET.

Disagree.  You did basically threaten him because he was rude.

I think David is just reading your comments for what they are, veiled • threats
(not
so veiled in the past).

If you're so keen as to believe this fantasy, show me where I made even a
remote threat to David. Show me, in any of my various replies to David,
where he could have interpreted that I would hit him.

Agree.  Nothing you have said could be taken as even remotely threatening • this
time around.  On the other hand, If I were an Israeli (who believed the party
line, instead of what you are presenting) and you said that to me, I might
attack you, which might well lead to your retaliation (self defense).  So • maybe
what he was really saying is that he'd have gone after you if it were in
person.  (But that's obviously wild speculation.)

Chris

I'm a very nonviolent person.
The only time I can imagine resorting to the use of force is when I'm
physically threatened and I can't run away.

Up until now I've always managed to avoid the dangerous situation or "get the
hell out of there" when such a situation occurred.

I'm also not in the habit of threatening other people with violence.

- David