 Off-Topic / Debate / 13258
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:29:47 GMT

Do you reject the original UN resolution creating Israel and designating
Jordan as the Palestinian homeland? Yes or no, please.

I'm afraid I have never taken the time to read it. I suspect I am not in a
minority.

I don't think you have to *read* it to decide if you agree with the general
idea or not, that the UN had the power to decide that Palestine was to be
partitioned, and designated each partition as a homeland for someone.

I'm not sure I agree with it myself.

But anyone who cites subsequent UN resolutions in support of their arguments
in this area needs to either accept the initial one or explain why they can
accept some, but not all, UN resolutions on the matter.

As I said, I don't cite UN resolutions in support of my arguments so I don't
have this problem.

What is your point?

What is MY point? My point is that you have no point and you haven't
answered the question.

Are you saying the none of the land Israel is on legally
belongs to them. I agree that some of it does not, but I am pretty sure some
of it does.

So you agree Israel has a right to exist, then? I suspect (but can't confirm
since Dan hasn't said) Dan does not feel that way at all.

Myself I go back to the pre Israel settlers, if they bought land legally
(which is an open question) and were the majority in a region without
forcibly driving the previous inhabitants out, they ought to be able to
constitute what government that region has. Or so others say about other areas.