 Off-Topic / Debate / 13026
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:37:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:

Daniel Jassim wrote:
Nobody is denying that celebrations did take place since that is to be
expected (I wasn't surprised, yet still shocked). But if it makes any
difference, it has been claimed that portions of the celebration footage
aired in America was unrelated to the attack and was actually in response to
Israeli soldiers withdrawing from a Palestinian town that day. All in all,
it's one big human tragedy. Larry, if you have something else you'd like to
add or direct specifically toward me, take it off-line.

hmmm.  First you say "nobody is denying...", and that you weren't suprised.  >How can you be shocked then?

Because it's shocking to see such behavior, but I'm not surprised that the
Palestinians would feel that way after everything they've endured. I think
anyone wishing to pass judgement on another should first consider walking in
their shoes. How many Americans can truly relate to what it's like to be
Palestinian?

And you're denying it right in the same paragraph!  "it has been claimed that >portions of the celebration footage aired in America was unrelated to the >attack.

I said "portions," not all the footage and therefore wasn't trying to deny
anything. Is there a point you wish to make?

Dan J.