 Off-Topic / Debate / 13027
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:57:58 GMT

Daniel Jassim wrote:
And you're denying it right in the same paragraph!  "it has been claimed that >portions of the celebration footage aired in America was unrelated to the >attack.

I said "portions," not all the footage and therefore wasn't trying to deny
anything. Is there a point you wish to make?

ok, so you are denying that the complete footage, as seen on CNN is real, actual palestinians celebrating the WTC attack...  which is exactly what you said no one is doing.  Drop that though, what basis do you have to claim that any part of it was not genuine?  CNN really does insist that it's all true, and I have a hard time doubting them in this case.

My point, since you were asking, is that palestinians (not all, but some, perhaps most?) were celebrating this attack.  And would have probably continued to do so if Arafat didn't clamp down, trying to do (successful) damage control on his PR.

Dan