 LEGO Company / 3279
Re: Reply 7: Businesses, Customers and Trust
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:20:41 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
ANd this is exactly the point where you put in concrete terms that you've been
too close to th ehobby to have an objective opinion--you've been 'burned too
much', in your opinion, by TLC.
There is no such thing as an "objective opinion". It's either - or.
Objective: "Colour change is wrong for these reasons: ..."
Opinion: "I cannot accept the CEOs apology"

I don't consider myself "burned" here. I've been hit by the colour
change, because it affects the way I persue my hobby in a very negative
way. But I try to help Lego by showing them where they might run into
problems, and did that even years (ages...) ago.

> [...example snipped...]
This seems to be an American way of thinking - I ran into this kind of
mindset several times, but only with Americans, never with people from
Asia or Europe.

You basically stated that you stumbled about a procedural problem,
brought this to attention, and it was fixed. So far, so good. But why is
this causing such an amount of enthusiasm? If I point out a mistake of
such sort, I expect it to get fixed. Not for my personal sake, but for
the companies sake.

So, with all those large company policies on everything[1], is is really
a rare and noteworthy event that a mistake is being fixed in the US?

Yours, Christian

[1] I remember a few instances of company policies I've seen, e.g. a
booklet about how to properly clean a toilet once produced by a fast
food chain...