 Color / 1103
Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:28:05 GMT

Are you really sure that the tan we know is on the list? This is one of
the points I try to get hold of - Jakes posting of the last instace of the
list mentions a "Beige", which might be our "tan" / Lego's original "Brick
Yellow, Colour No. 5" (according to the list at peeron), but so far nobody
in that company was in a position to or did indeed confirm this. That was
one of my more important points about communication - Jan was not in a
position to confirm this when I asked him, and Jake did not answer this
question despite several people asking for clarification.

For me, this clarification is important, because I am in the early
planning stages of a MOC where I'd need a few square meters of tan -
nearly all of it in small plates - and I don't want to run into a
situation like with my last MOC - I was at about 6000 of 20000 pieces of
grey for the model when some smartass decided to scrap this colour...

I'm keeping out of the color discussions, but I can answer this one.
The 'Beige' on the list IS what we know as Tan.
At LEGO, this color is known both as 'Brick Yellow' and also 'Beige' - color
number 05 on the LEGO color chip pallette.

Quite a few of the colors are known by different names in different parts of
the company.

Hope it helps,
Richard.