 Color / 1099
Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:59:15 GMT

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:

I wonder, as an 'official' representative of TLC how many e-mails/postings to
'Dear LEGO'/letters and even phone calls Jake would get daily from non-TLC
workers, just wanting to talk about their love of the hobby and offering
suggestions.
Well, Jake said 15k in 4,5 years, thats about ten a day.

Yep, 15K in about 4.5 years...but that's not 10 a day average. That's more like
14 per day (considering holidays, weekends, and vacation time - Granted, I work
a great many weekends, holidays, and evenings, but I'd rather not start
considering them as "work days"!).

Often, with many mails requiring anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours total to
research and answer. Assuming 5 minutes each, that's more than an hour a day.
Considering the 3 hours, that's 42 hours a day...

Trust me, it's not as easy as it might seem to keep up with that many emails.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison