 Color / 1028
1027  |  1029
Subject:
... and a bad, bad new year!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:19:58 GMT

"Let me openly state that had the decision makers in this color change process
been aware of the negative impact on the AFOLs at the time the decision was
made, these three colors would not have been changed."

Just in case someone missed this mind-boggling part of The Answer.
It's really tragic, isn't it?
And shouldn't it read "former decision makers"?
Anyway, The Change made 2004 the year of The Disaster, which totally wrecked the
company management's reputation, as far as I'm concerned. Ruined by The Change
itself, the way it was done, and the apparent lack of reasonable consideration
behind it, not to mention an even more painful lack of respect towards the
company's own quality standards (color standards, compatibility).

I believe my appreciation and love for LEGO elements is well-documented at my
website, but I'm still done with the company. Maybe in ten years, when I'm
getting into the "new" colors (via Bricklink ...) eventually, things will slowly
start looking different  ...
However, it's documented somewhere at 1000steine.de forum I wished TLG some
really, really hurting losses in 2003 and especially 2004. Clearly, the curse
worked spectacularly good, better than anybody would have expected ;) I don't
even remember what upset me so much in 2003, but it was easily dwarfed by The
Change in 2004. Now let me add "and a terrifyingly rough 2005, as well".

"Primus" Burkhard
Brick Commander (LEGO & BattleTech)
Official BattleTech & Mechwarrior Fan-Site
http://www.BrickCommander.com

PS: in case somebody feels inclined to respond "come on Primus, stop being an
a$$. The ambassador program proves TLG IS listening now!": I can only respond
"Yeah, that's great, now that most of their new product is of very, very limited
use to me. But thanks for listening, anyway"