 Color / 1087
Re: Reply 1: The Building Corner Person
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:38:57 GMT

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:

<snip>

in this case, a communication channel broke down. A "Yes, we heard your
suggestion, but we can't do this for a variety of (undisclosed) reasons"
might have prevented this.

End of first Part...

Yours, Christian

Not to dump, but TLC responded with a 'Yes we heard you (after the fact, to be
sure), but due to financial/other reasons we are not going to change the colour
back'.  Jake said it, and now we have an apology from the CEO himself--

Yet--

http://news.lugnet.com/color/?n=1024

"
What value has an apology even from a CEO on behalf of his company, if
there is no intent whatsoever to remedy the situation? Sorry, but I
can't accept this "apology".
"

Christian, I'm sorry but there are those that will just not like what occured,
no matter what was said afterwards to clarify/help the situation.  I attend
meetings and such where I work, and there are those that want something, but are
overruled by the 'upper-ups', so a grudge is held--"they didn't listen to me" or
"they don't know what they're doing 'up there'" or "this company is run by a
bunch of monkeys!"  Whatever--I think we've all experienced it.  But because
your ideas weren't followed does not automatically mean you weren't heard.

I'm saying that sometimes you're not going to like the answers given you--that's
part of life--but you actually got the answers from TLC.  We don't have all the
'inside info' on the decision, and to further repair the situation, we have Jake
and the CEO stating what happened and why, and even an apology for not
consulting the AFOL community.

Dave K