 Color / 1077
Re: CEO-Letter // The answer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:52:03 GMT

In lugnet.color, Scott Lyttle wrote:
As a past manufacturing and process engineer with some business management
background, I'd say you'd have to factor in the supplier agreements for X amount
of color concentrate, cancellation and breach of contract penalties, contract
negotiations for the new color supplier, and purchase of new material, box art
changes, rebuilding models for the box art to begin with, entry in MRPII system
to readjust all product lines, reestablishment of the color palette, production
runs to verify the "new" Old gray, just to name a few of the other issues to
take in effect...

Not as simple as just changing the gaylord or train hopper full of material...

(again, standard issues with any process change)

-Scott

Plus the costs of conducting dialogue with stakeholders. Those greys are on the
"universal" list now!