 Color / 1088
Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:00:14 GMT

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:

<snip>

.
Oh, how would we love to see a real reaction to the bley fiasco! That
was why we were signing the CEO letter in th first place.

Yours, Christian

Oh My Goodness.

THere was a real reaction--Jake has mentioned it numerous times--meetings,
discussuins, etc.

And to throw the icing and cherry on the cake, which didn't have to happen, you
got it right form the CEO--an apology.  How much more real do you want it to be?

Your definition of 'real' is only a 'reversal of the decision'--bring back old
gray.  That's your only 'real' option, from what I'm reading, and anything else
the company has done, or may do in light of the 'colour camp protest' is not
'real'.

I'm sorry, although your postings recently have been remarkably civil, you're
adamant idea that you have to know more, that there should be more communication
between TLC and us, that people should at least reply 'got your message' to
non-company people... either stunningly naive or bordering on the
self-centeredness...

I wonder, as an 'official' representative of TLC how many e-mails/postings to
'Dear LEGO'/letters and even phone calls Jake would get daily from non-TLC
workers, just wanting to talk about their love of the hobby and offering
suggestions.

Heck, I, as a non-entity who just runs a website that has LEGO themed pages, and
posts a bit to LUGNET, get questions about LEGO in general, sets, instructions,
where-to-buy, how-to-sell, what's this worth, etc. on an almost daily basis from
complete strangers who just stumbled across my name on the information
superhighway.

Again, I'm not speaking for anybody other than me, but the tone of your messages
is one of 'you (TLC) owe us (AFOL)' either owe us more info, or better
ratiuonale for decisions, or even a seat at the decision making table.

And that's not how I like to have this hobby of mine.  If I see somethign I
don't like, I put it out there to be seen.  It doesn't matter, nor should it
matter, to me if it's even looked at by those that can do something about it,
yet alone heeded.  I'm not an employee of TLC, I don't get to help make their
decisions--It's arrogant presumption to think that I should.  I will, however,
vote with my pocketbook on many things.  I'm a consumer, a costomer with  money
to spend on my chosen hobby and that's the extent of the relationship between
TLC and me.  They owe me nothing.  In turn, I don't owe them anything, either.
That said, I am happy with the products they provide for their product has given
me hoursand days and years and decades of happiness.  I'll return that happiness
by being supportive (not a sychophant to be sure) of TLC and their endeavours
and am more than willing to give them 'free publicity' by running train shows
and attending robot competitions and talking about how good the product is.

Anyway, at least the tone is more civil.

Dave K