 Galidor / 31
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.galidor
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:55:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
If Galidor manufacturing was moved to China to keep the cost down, why do
these sets still look so expensive?  They're nearly a dollar per piece,
which is much more than European LEGO, and I don't think the prices would
compare well with other action figures either.  I can't imagine how
expensive a European Galidor set would be!

I couldn't imagine, and I don't really want to think about it, but I
think that chinese or not, The Galidor products are a bit expensive, and
very few people wouldpay about $15 for a single action figure.

Most of the stuff I see on display at my local TRU, such as DC and Marvel
action figures sell for about 2/3 of the price, and they have a much higher
following towards kids than Galidor can ever dream of.

Well, you hit that issue in the head, though! :)

That's why I like to buy european lego. I'm thinking there
will be a major difference in quality, since my theory is that
Galidor figures are very cheaply made. (theoretical, to say the
least.)

And about LoM, I didn't want to log the server with posts, so I'll
answer that question too. I did happen to get a look at some of the
mecha versions of the set (a friend bought them at the store), and
I thought the designs were very superficial, not the kind of thing
that would have ny sort of militart application. You'd think with all
of the open space on those, that the pilots would fly off and get caught
in the gravity. I did like the T3 Trike, though. Those domed shields
are useful if you want to make a cool UFO.

<<_Matt Hein_>>