Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 02:50:01 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:
Now that gets me thinking about how to do alternate models.  I don't
think all the alternate models should be bundled with the main model • into one
giant .mpd file.  I think there should be an .mpd file called Sxxxx-yy
with >all the main model stuff in it, then a file called maybe SxxxxAyy
for >alternate model 1, SxxxxByy for alternate model 2 etc.  All the
subfiles could >still go in a single directory called Sxxxx-yy.

That could lead to problems with the duplicate-set numbers, which will be
denoted by the letter after the sxxxx.  Is the year necessary in the MPD
filename, or could we just put the letter?  Ex:
SxxxxA.mpd    first set w/ number xxxx
SxxxxA-A.mpd  first alt instr. for first set w/ num. xxxx
SxxxxB.mpd    second set w/ num. xxxx
SxxxxB-A.mpd  first alt instr. for second set w/ num. xxxx
--Bram