Subject:
LDraw and 8.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:09:50 GMT

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:13:47 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

What programs in LDraw lore -don't- work on longer filenames?

Hmm.

LDAO is OK with long file names, except for a few functions (Copy File is
one, I think) which explicitly require a valid 8.3 name.  LDAO can be
configured to translate long paths/names to short versions before shelling
to other programs.

LDLite is fine with long names, but isn't too keen on certain characters,
such as spaces and parentheses.

Jacob's splitmpd.exe and buildmpd.exe seem OK with long filenames (I only
did a basic check, not a thorough review).

L3P works with long file names.

Steve