Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, dennett@agate.net (Scott R Dennett) writes:
I just do it as SXXXXa.dat That seems slear enough to me. Also
one other thing
is that someone say does an airport, SXXXX-YY is going to have
just submodels,
no parts, and then the submodels would be MPDed. Example
SXXXX-YY the complete set
SXXXXa     the airport building
SXXXXb     the plane
SXXXXc     the helicopter
SXXXXd     the vehicle
etc.

Does that seem logical enough??

What about things like this?--

First one was released in '81 and looks like it has 3 submodels.  Second one
was released in '98 and looks like it has 1 submodel.

Or what about this?--

Looks like the first one has instructions for at least 2 official models,
and the second one has instructions for at least 3 official models.

BTW, here is a list of 238 duplicate set numbers:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.database:266

--Todd