Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:44:23 GMT

On 6/12/99, at 11:33 AM, Tim Courtney wrote:

At 03:04 PM 6/12/99 +0000, Scott R Dennett wrote:
Exactly! :) OK, I guess we've reached the decision that the
first letter is to be S
instead of M. What I had origonally done was
M1234-99.dat  complete model
M1234a.dat     submodel of complete model
M1234a1.dat   submodel of submodel of complete model :)

Sorry I just had to do that, but I'm sure you were able to
follow it.
I guess this will now be the standard.

Yes.  Ok, now for absolute clarity.

The set is called SXXXX-YY.mpd (complete package)

A model within the set is called SXXXXa.dat

A submodel of a model is called SXXXXa1.dat

But a submodel of a one model set would be called ??

would it be SXXXX_1.dat to avoid confusion with being a model? • or would it
be SXXXXa.dat and be assumed as self explanatory?

-Tim Courtney

I just do it as SXXXXa.dat That seems slear enough to me. Also
one other thing
is that someone say does an airport, SXXXX-YY is going to have
just submodels,
no parts, and then the submodels would be MPDed. Example
SXXXX-YY the complete set
SXXXXa     the airport building
SXXXXb     the plane
SXXXXc     the helicopter
SXXXXd     the vehicle
etc.

Does that seem logical enough??
Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda