Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:12:42 GMT

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:39:14 GMT Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> writes:
The thing is LDraw and LEdit don't support directories.  So the only
hope here is to have the models viewable only and have LDLite support
directories.  If LDraw and LEdit don't support them, I would disagree
with using directories.

Actually, LDraw and LEdit _do_ support directories.  You just have to
specify the directory in the DAT file.  How do you think the s\ directory
under parts\ works?  Take a look at the last few lines of parts\3634.dat
for example.

The current set naming system would keep set files
together in the LDAO file manager as well.

There is talk of improving LDAO to handle multiple directories.
--Bram