Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:40:26 GMT

I wrote:
Unzipping or splitting an MPD should create the directories correctly
if they don't already exist (I hope).  We should check if splitting an
MPD with the current software does that.

I did some testing.  LDLite functions fine with subdirs in MPD filenames
(ex:
0 FILE foo\bar\test.dat
works fine, as long as any references to that file are
1 ... foo\bar\test.dat
LDraw works fine with subdirs, as we already knew.
The problems are with the MPD splitters.  Jacob's MPD splitter works fine
as long as the subdirectory already exists.  However, in most cases, the
subdir will *not* exist before splitting.  Onyx's M-Peedy claims to have
split the MPD correctly, but the files are nowhere to be found.

Onyx and Jacob, is it possible to enhance your programs to correctly
create subdirectories when an MPD has a path instead of just a filename
after the 0 FILE marker?
--Bram