Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:36:56 GMT

At 08:29 PM 6/14/99 +0000, John VanZwieten wrote:
Using "main-" and "alt" gives us at least three more characters for • referencing
submodels and sub-submodels.  I think Bram's idea of
main-a        main instructions, model "a"
main-aa      main instructions, model "a", sub-submodel "b"
main-ab
main-b
main-ba
altA-a          first alternate model, model "a"
altA-aa
altA-ab

would work just fine.  For this purpose model would mean a separate physical
entity within a set, such as separate pod-racers, while sub-model would mean
any component of the model, either sub-models in the instructions, or
sub-models needed for rotating movable sections.

So you are saying to have two sets of each model - the true-to-instructions
official version, and the version that incorporates all the rotating parts.
Am I correct?

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org