Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:43:22 GMT

At 05:22 PM 6/11/99 +0000, Papp Imre wrote:
What if we would consider the content of a duplicate set as alternate models
of the same set numbers. Eg.  7140 is duplicate set then, 7140a...dat,
7140b...dat, ...  identify the models of the first set, 7140c...dat,
7140c...dat, ...  identify models of the second set.
I assume that duplicate sets are somehow related, so it has a meaning the
consider them as alternate models of the same set (number).
Then the header line in the files may warn the user that these are duplicate
sets.
Of course in the header file there are enough place to include the year of
release according to Jeff's suggestion.

If they're related or not is beyond me, but someone could investigate the
duplicates to look for similarities.  The duplicates are never in
production at the same time, so they are a few years apart at the least.
They could be of the same theme though.  Anyways, I wouldn't say a
duplicate numbered set would be considered an alternate model, but
something could be put in the name to indicate there are multiple sets with
that number.  Examples??

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org