 CAD / Development / *8475 (-100)
  Re: video card

(...) Before you debug, I'd try all 4 of (-le, -ledit, -LE, and -LEDIT) to see which methods have problems. Then comment out this line in main.c and recompile: #define USE_OPENGL_STENCIL This might fix the wireframe droppings at the cost of some (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: video card

(...) Here is the printout at startup. GL_VERSION = 1.1 APPLE-1.1 GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_packed_pixel GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_rescale_normal (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: video card

(...) I forgot to mention this, but if you only want to look at the model, or *mostly* just want to look, you can skip the -le, -ledit, -LE, or -LEDIT on the command line. Then when you want to edit, just press the INSERT key to enter and exit from (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: video card

(...) Some of that might be normal behaviour, but I'm not positive from the description. Using -ledit on the command line turns on the draw to current piece mode that LEDIT uses. If you just use -le I think it should draw the whole model. You can (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: video card

Opps. I just noticed you do have -l3 there. I missed that. So, no, I have no idea what is wrong. I can test ldglite on some beige G3/300's next Monday. James (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: video card

Try: ldglite -v3 -l3 -ledit myfile.dat -l3 tells it to do stuff different or something like that.. ? Anyway, it is alot faster for me with -l3 James (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  LDraw.org: BricksWest 2002 Event Report

Hey everyone - Just threw this up online... (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  video card

I have been doing an analysis of the ldglite 0.9.5 code base. Most of the ledit commands cause the image to be either invisible or render incorrectly. Also, I get a wireframe trail when I use the arrow keys. Everything re-renders fine if I cycle (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

(...) Reviewers should feel able to make comments like "subpart unnecessary - I would prefer these to be inlined". From an authors perspective, I have a preference to keep things modularised - that way a correction to a symetrical region of the part (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

Tore Eriksson wrote: > In some cases, like attached to rounded surfaces, I think the only way is to > solve the problem is to create a part-with-sticker file. > I hadn't thought about applying stickers to rounded parts. I know there is a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

(...) I think this is an important point. Subfiles are *very* useful tools for modeling parts, but we should use them with restraint. I will frequently model a part using multiple subfiles, but then I will inline all the code into a single file (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

(...) My take on this is that self-certification is a small perk for people who take the time to review *other* people's parts, and help newer authors along. (...) Generally, you should only certify parts that you actually possess. But if you find a (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Recent Noise and New Search Tool

(...) Yes, there's a chance of that. Right now, the full codes (like on the cert page) aren't stored anywhere, they're rebuilt when the cert page is updated. And they're something of a pain to calc individually. Eventually, those codes will be (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  More on Stickers (was: Questions on Stickers and Certification)

(...) From reading that thread, it sounds like the only reasonably solution to both the bleed and seam gap problems is to author the parts and stickers together. Problems with stickers as separate parts: Nomenclature: - 6 digits for the sheet ID (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Apple Design Awards: Best Mac OS X Open Source Port

Hi all, Though many of the programers will likely see this, I thought I'd forward it here just in case. Since getting LDraw tools on the Mac is an unpaid (and underappreciated!) prospect, the idea of winning one of the prizes below might be a bit of (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

Hello! (...) still (...) says (...) I agree to the point too.... we need more reviewers. There are like 5 parts in the line I did... and they are there for a long time. That isn't very satisfying. I know a lot of authors who are waiting for their (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

(...) I agree that authors should not be allowed to self-certify, but ONLY if we get sufficient active reviewers to keep things moving. The last three updates would have been much smaller without self-certification. Some new reviewers have become (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

In some cases, like attached to rounded surfaces, I think the only way is to solve the problem is to create a part-with-sticker file. A sticker could be attached in many more or less creative ways, and I think the modeller should have the freedom to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification

(...) I'm currently working on modelling of the stickers of the Technic black Supercar. Before that I put some question in thread (URL) we agreed on the approach that stickers are separate parts just as they were ordinary bricks since, they can be (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Questions on Stickers and Certification

On stickers: Should stickers be treated, for part authoring purposes, as if they were printed on the parts? If so, should we indicate somehow that the part is stickered as opposed to printed? And on certification (on LDraw.org's parts tracker): I've (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Recent Noise and New Search Tool

(...) Any chance of including a brief submission status code, like on the Parts list? Until/unless we implement a means of automatically mailing the author when a Hold is posted, this would give authors an easy way of finding their submitted parts (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

Steve Bliss wrote... (...) It's OK with me to use e.g. "0 IFDEF L3PPOV" The POV code is (or can be) L3P related. As an example of that see e.g. Chuck Sommerville's minifig head (URL) >Or is the current situation considered adequate (...) Right! We (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  [Parts Tracker] Recent Noise and New Search Tool

Hey y'all - I just wanted to post a quick apology for some excessive moves and resubmits that I ran through today. Damien has created grooved versions for a bunch of the 2x2 tiles. Unfortunately, he posted his new versions before letting me know. So (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) I made some heads using inline POV code: (URL) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) Actually a cheap fix that *almost* works is to go into the printed head file (such as 3626bp05.dat) and rip out anything that's not color 0. ie. gut everything but the printing. Then paste in 3626.dat instead of s\3626bs01.dat. This will slap (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) It's not something that can, or needs to be, fixed. Only surfaces drawn with primitive files[1] can be curved in POV-Ray[2]. The patterned area of the minifig faces are not drawn with the cylinder primitives, so they come out faceted. Steve 1) (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:n6h77ug2idkrqil...4ax.com... (...) Yeah. Hey if we could solve the centering and rotation problem with a table, couldn't we run converters to Anton Raves' library? Would this project be too (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) Just a guess, but I don't think all the printed heads exist in the LGEO parts, so l3p can't substitute that way. And they probably don't use the cylinder primitives because of the printed faces, so once again l3p can't substitute. I suppose (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) Yes, there are plans for this. My current issue is with the syntax being used. I'd rather use general 0 IF ... 0 ELSE ... 0 ENDIF meta-statements, rather than the 0 L3P meta-statements. (...) It seems like LGEO is pretty static now. Lutz is (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message news:GrstMI.BB7@lugnet.com... (...) Brings me to a question about the minifig head. I had a high-res printout of Cale Leiphart's The Fight scene made for BricksWest, and there were some (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  New LDView screen saver mode

I don't include instructions in the release, but LDView 1.9.2 can now be used as a screen saver. This is still in the verification stage, and as such may lock/crash/reboot your computer, etc. (Note that it does none of these things on my computer.) (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  *** LDView Version 1.9.2 Released ***

LDView version 1.9.2 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) of the highlights of version 1.9.2 include: Option to texture map LEGO logo onto studs. Wireframe Cutaway Faster lighting (on some cards (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) Yes, that's the info I'm looking for. Thanks, Travis (and Vincent, too). Related question (for the parts officials, I suppose): Are there any plans (even tentative) to move towards adding this sort of stuff to official parts? Or is the current (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

(...) I don't know if any official parts do it, but it is possible. Based on an earlier lugnet.cad.ray message, you do this: 0 L3P IFNOTPOV (regular ldraw code goes here) 0 L3P ELSEPOV 0 (POV-Ray code goes here, commented-out) 0 L3P ENDPOV You can (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Inline POV-Ray code?

Tony Hafner <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GrsoEF.Ips@lugnet.com... (...) any. (...) Read Steve Bliss' reply to my message titled "How to add own parts to LGEO?". He describes how to include POV-Ray code in .DAT files that can (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: File Check utility (was: Case of part filenames?)

(...) OK, it's done. It will probably be a problem going forward, until I can clean up the code and combine it into one source. Anyone ever played with lex and perl? That would probably be a better way of doing this - the current code is pretty (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Inline POV-Ray code?

I seem to recall that some curved parts have separate definitions in the parts file itself for POV-Ray to render them better. But I can't find any. Is this actually possible? Do such parts exist? Is there a "better" way (ie through L3P) to get (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: File Check utility (was: Case of part filenames?)

(...) Yep, I will do that. I think it should be pretty straightforward. Not quite as straightforward as it would be if they actually ran off the same source code, but close... Steve (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  File Check utility (was: Case of part filenames?)

(...) Thanks! Now I know. One related thing- is there any way that you could add the new checks to the "File Check" utility as well? I had a number of parts that I had scanned with that tool and they came up OK. Then the submission form refused the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Case of part filenames?

(...) You got it. It didn't use to matter, but now we're trying to move to lower case. Mostly. It didn't use to matter -- DOS's file system is 'case-insensitive'. But DOS always stores & returns filenames as all-caps, so most filenames were (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of ldglite 0.9.5 source on Mac ?

(...) I have a pretty good idea where those problems might be. If you want, I could try and help you over the trouble spots one at a time like I did with James on OS X. Don (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Case of part filenames?

What's the story with upper vs. lower case in part filenames? In my brief survey of my parts directory, it looks like all the files use all upper case where they use letters (".DAT" and the "P" for patterned elements). Additionally, many parts (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of ldglite 0.9.5 source on Mac ?

I don't think anyone has tried. James (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Status of ldglite 0.9.5 source on Mac ?

I have been attempting to compile the 0.9.5 source with CW-5 and have a variety of problems. Has anyone successfully compiled this for MacOS (8.x or 9.x) ? Ray (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  progress report (was "Re: Looking for DAT of Wedge Curved 2x6x1")

(...) I've posted an almost-comlete version of 41765: "(URL) only things remaining for this one is encoding the sliced tubes (i.e., where the top-studs meet the sidewalls). Thanks, Franklin (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part 6588 Question

(...) Heh, yeah. You're absolutely right. OK, I give up: what was the 7 for? Steve (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: glut conundrum

(...) That would be me. Anywhere you see "NOTE" its probably a note to myself that I want to get back to something and do it right when I have more time. I don't always get around to revisiting things though, especially if the cheap fix works well (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: glut conundrum

(...) Indeed, it is a very old bug, and it appears that someone ran into this more recently based on the following comment in the 0.9.5 code ... // NOTE: I dont understand the colortable stack used in translate_color() // so use the default (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: glut conundrum

(...) Thats an affirmative, however, I have two development limitations: CW-5 and MacOS 8.6, which I do not believe has been attempted with the latest source code, so this may involve a bit of effort. Ray (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: glut conundrum

(...) That may be a very old bug. I remember there was a problem with the background color way back when. You can check the logs or browse the current (and old) source at the sourceforge to compare. (URL) the 0.5 code may actually predate the CVS (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: glut conundrum

(...) Disregard please, I figured it out. I can now compile macLDGLite 0.5 with the OpenGL 1.2 SDK using CW-5. I also figured out how to supress the annoying SIOUX window, so I have a non-debug version that displays cleanly. Now to todays question.. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  glut conundrum

If someone out there has the glut and glutdebug libraries which were modified and recompiled based on the OpenGL 1.2 SDK, could they please email them to me. I have the 1.2 SDK, but the projects are based on the later version of CW and I would (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Part 6588 Question

(...) ????? By my calculation, 3 1/3 bricks = 10 plates ??????? ROSCO (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part 6588 Question

(...) The height on this part name was given in plates. 3 1/3 bricks = 7 plates. And see (URL) for new developments. :) Steve (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  "www.ldraw.org" off-line

Hi, I made some kind of mistake, when I moved "www.ldraw.org" to a new power supply this morning, so the machine is off-line for a while. I hope to have everything back in order soon. Play well, Jacob (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Bernd Broich" <bernd.broich@online.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GrF5JD.5zI@lugnet.com... (...) I found a free UML tool that works and made a class graph showing the classes, we talked about. The tool, Poseidon for UML, is java-based and (as (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Part 6588 Question

There are many aspects of the art of piece nomenclature that continue to escape me, but this one has me completely stumped. I just came across what I think is ``Technic Gearbox 2 x 4 x 7'' (URL) doing an inventory of set 6775. I cannot for the life (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  I'd like to have a little word with Duncan Jardine - Winner of the SOTM September 2001 on Ldraw.org

Hi Duncan, I'd like to ask you some question about your rendering. Unfortunately you haven't left any e-mail-address. Please contact me. Many thx. Willy (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.people)

  Volunteer(s) please!

Hi all, I just finished chapter 3 to 7 of CONV101 and RNDR101. It covers all the camera options of L3P and explaining the globe, camera angle and very basic rendering (readers may only hit the “Run” button, he he). Could someone please proofread it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Entries needed for LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM

hi all, I suspect that the flood of entries for the current competition has probably scared away entries for next month. Don't let that happen. Its Valentines Day and so far I only have one entry for each category. Not good. If you've been thinking (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Looking for DAT of Wedge Curved 2x6x1

(...) Great! And thanks for the part numbers. I found these new wedges to be great because their notches allow you to treat them like an ordinary brick (as opposed to the spacecraft-nose wedge (6069 Wedge 4x4 Triple) where you can't just stick it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Looking for DAT of Wedge Curved 2x6x1

(...) I just picked up set# 7119, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, for the specific purpose of having these four pieces. I've started writing my notes for encoding these into LDraw files. FWIW, here are the part numbers (and descriptions): 41747, "Wedge 2 x 6 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

Graphics Gems covers basic stuff only where the presenter has an innovation. But they've been very good over the years. You can get any of their example source code online. Do pay a visit here: (URL) guys were in Gems IIR, and their book is worth (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GrGFrK.9nJ@lugnet.com... (...) There must surely be one (or more) in Graphical Gems (URL) (if that URL still is valid, otherwise search for Graphical Gems) a bit dated, c code, but useful. -- (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

(...) If you don't mind C code, there's the zAddTriangle() function in stub.c in the ldlite or ldglite source code. The old 1.6 ldlite source is a bit easier to follow since it doesn't have all the extra shaders. Also, it's a linear z-buffer, which (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

(...) I may be missing your point/problem but... Think you may need to go bi-linear in your Z calcs. Yes this makes a Suppos'dly one pixel lookup method a two+ per pixel but if you are already using a scan line method you have the precalculated (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

Here is one starting point: (URL) of free information, there is at least one quick-and-dirty FAQ under there written by an excited child. You're looking for something about triangle or scan line rasterization with z-buffer. I assume you've done (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Drawing triangles in a Z buffer

Hey all, In trying to implement a LDraw renderer I've been scouring the web looking for raster-painting algorithms. While I've found plenty of line-drawing algorithms (the Bresenham seems to be pretty nice) I haven't found squat for drawing a filled (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking. Take Tim's tutorial page content and stick it in Microsoft Help. I don't know about other operating systems, though. SO, I wouldn't know about the types of software that would be appropriate. (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) I'm hoping within a couple of month or so (beta with a month or so), but it really depends on how this project goes, and the schedules of anyone who wants to contribute. (...) That shattering sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Re: Introductions]

(...) I will e-mail you my .emacs file and we can have a mail discussion about setting it up. [snip] (...) I think we need to get a good design first. The language we chose should be secondary. A good design may reaveal the best language(s) (...) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Any help I can offer I will

Brian, Right now we need someone to make some webpages, specifically this one: (URL) don't know if Matthew Gerber is in charge of it or not. He already has some other web/graphic designers in contact with him. I know Matthew is really busy with (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: [Re: Introductions]

(...) Don, You should see me. When I first got my job at the library I am at, I go and ask the Window's tech, "How do you cancel a dialog box with the keyboard?" They say, "hu?" I say, "You know, they keyboard shortcut for canceling dialogs. On a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Any help I can offer I will

(...) Put your hat back on, and put your money back in your pocket, please. There seem to be people willing to help and plenty of ideas to go around. Actually, I think the volume of disparate ideas has been a hindrance as someone else already (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: [Re: Introductions]

(...) Oooh, I realize this is off topic here, but did you get the JDEE to work in windows? If so, could you help me out and tell me which versions of everything you have that actually work together? I tried to put this together with xemacs and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  [Re: Introductions]

Hi, I'm Mark Abrams. I hope this is not a duplicate but the previous post I sent doesn't appear to have made it here. I have 2 bachelors degrees - one in studio art and the other in computer science. I am currently employed as a Java developer. My (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: TO: Mark Abrams

(...) I was mistakenly replying to you and not posting to the group. I kept wondering why they weren't showing up. Anyhow, I think I've got it now. I will post my mail now. Mark (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Kyle McDonald" <kmcdonald@bigfoot.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3C66F9C8.207030...oot.com... (...) I have made two charts, one for file loading and one for file structure (URL) this location I can place futhermore our conclusions, when we get (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Re[2]: Movement and friction

(...) I agree. Although I called it friction, I didn't mean the true physical property. It seems to me that the difference between grey pins and black pins is structural in nature: they are different connectors from a builder's point of view. I (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Any help I can offer I will

Unfortunately I dont have a detailed programming background... however I have been involved in Creating instructions and designs with LDRAW and MLCAD processes through the use of a pc. I am a native Mac user and come from more of a graphic design (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  TO: Mark Abrams

Mark, I have gotten your email. I have a few comments for you but all of your emails keep getting bounced back to me. I assume you are subscribed to this list. Have you figured out how to post to it? First, you have to setup yourself as a new user: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  A comprehensive LDraw object model

There is currently a discussion brewing on developing some LDraw frameworks that would make it easy for programmers (even me!) to write LDraw applications in Java, c++, python, and perl. Check it out here: (URL) here is a template of the object (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: OS 8.6

(...) I have been suggesting some directions hoping others would pick one up that they liked. Most of the directions were suggested to me by developers who I haven't heard from since they suggested the idea, so I am just assuming they have lost (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) OK. This is sounding very yummy. When can we start using the frameworks. (...) Nonsense. I got to work and home just fine today, and I even found parking right across from where they had the opening ceremonies. :-) James (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Could you give us an example? By looking at what you've written, I don't understand if one needs an ending tag, or not, to complete the '0 DETAIL' command. Where in the text of the file would this go? How would it look? Thanks a lot. Much (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re[2]: Movement and friction

Earlier on Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:28:01 GMT on lugnet.cad.dev Ross Crawford<rcrawford@csi.com> wrote: ---...--- RC> I can see one limitation - the fact that technic axles are actually RC> significantly smaller than the holes in the bricks (round holes, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  More on BrickDraw3D OO design

I had to close that post before I could mention where all that discussion was going. Briefly, I have been trying from the start to design BrickDraw3D's C++ classes to separate geometry and graphics from the application framework (in this case (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Movement and friction

I haven't commented substantially on LCD, so maybe I should. I am contemplating an algorithm that will find all of the possible stud-insertion points on a part. The obvious way to do this is to recognize the tube or enclosing box with their (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) I think it probably is. The situations I'm thinking about are: 1. axles in technic bricks, which fit your "no friction" model; 2. the light grey low-friction pins, which could also fit the "no friction" model (with regard rotation); 3. the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) I think it probably is. The situations I'm thinking about are: 1. axles in technic bricks, which fit your "no friction" model; 2. the light grey low-friction pins, which could also fit the "no friction" model (with regard rotation); 3. the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Well again BFC is only useful for culling surfaces that face away from you. It doesn't really do anything for faces that face you but are blocked by other faces. When I talked about top, left, right, etc, I was envisioning some system by which (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: OS 8.6

My classification into 5 possibilities was only meant to be an overview of what had been suggested so far, so that people could say what they were interested in. Personally I think there should be several programs, with separate code bases, and this (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) Welcome in my brain, Barney: I was writing about gravity and inertia in this very hour. The approach you describe may be usable, but as for myself, I'm talking in the LMPL proposal about a tensile strength instead. I see some difference. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Kyle McDonald" <kmcdonald@bigfoot.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3C671582.801040...oot.com... (...) If the parts are BFC compliant, there's no need to tag for 'top', 'left' etc. as this information is already there in the surface normal (with much (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Movement and friction

I was thinking of friction as a simple on/off property: connections with friction only move during construction, whereas connections without are free to move under gravity or inertia or other forces during animation of the final model. Is this too (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: OS 8.6

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse writes: <snip> (...) As a long time owner, user and developer of mac software, it is my opinion that OS X should not be an exclusive goal. In my mind the goals should be 8.6, 9.x and X. Becuase of some of the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) For the time being, Barney, the problem is that if we will have a database at all. Lugnet.CAD.Dev was very enthusiastic when we presented the idea. All wonders endure three days, this was the very example, after the three days came silence. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) I agree on PDF: it is small, searchable (you can even create an index of multiple PDF-files which you can search), multi-platform, you can add links, bookmarks, wadda ye want more? Second choice would be html... Well, I'm going back to do my (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: OS 8.6

Hi Don, OS X is great for Unix-style development. I use it at work for that. However there isn't a decent debugger (gdb doesn't count.) Nor are there memory-bounds checker tools or any of the other niceties we take for granted elsewhere. CodeWarrior (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) analog for a win help file? I guess a man page, perhaps... Are you suggesting keeping all the tutorials in multiple file formats? yah, that could be done, I guess - esp if there was an easy way, to take a single file, and run it through (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact