 CAD / Development / 6934
Re: Inline POV-Ray code?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:01:59 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner wrote:

Related question (for the parts officials, I suppose):
Are there any plans (even tentative) to move towards adding this sort of
stuff to official parts?

Yes, there are plans for this.  My current issue is with the syntax
being used.  I'd rather use general 0 IF ... 0 ELSE ... 0 ENDIF
meta-statements, rather than the 0 L3P meta-statements.

It's OK with me to use e.g. "0 IFDEF L3PPOV"
The POV code is (or can be) L3P related.
As an example of that see e.g. Chuck Sommerville's minifig head
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chucks/Dats/3626bp04.dat

Or is the current situation considered adequate
(where you can get LGEO parts into the .pov file generated by L3P)?

It seems like LGEO is pretty static now.  Lutz is still around, but he
hasn't been updating his library.

I'd *really* like to see LDraw.org undertake the establishment of a
LDraw-compatible parts library for POV-Ray.  Or maybe some other
ray-tracer, although POV-Ray seems the most popular low-cost option.

Right!
We could also use Anton Raves's beautiful POV parts,
if someone had the time to make a list of matrices...
/Lars