 CAD / Development / 6927
Re: Inline POV-Ray code?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:51:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner wrote:

Related question (for the parts officials, I suppose):
Are there any plans (even tentative) to move towards adding this sort of
stuff to official parts?

Yes, there are plans for this.  My current issue is with the syntax
being used.  I'd rather use general 0 IF ... 0 ELSE ... 0 ENDIF
meta-statements, rather than the 0 L3P meta-statements.

Or is the current situation considered adequate
(where you can get LGEO parts into the .pov file generated by L3P)?

It seems like LGEO is pretty static now.  Lutz is still around, but he
hasn't been updating his library.

I'd *really* like to see LDraw.org undertake the establishment of a
LDraw-compatible parts library for POV-Ray.  Or maybe some other
ray-tracer, although POV-Ray seems the most popular low-cost option.

Steve