 CAD / Development / 6928
Re: Inline POV-Ray code?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:39:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
Brings me to a question about the minifig head.  I had a high-res printout of
Cale Leiphart's The Fight scene made for BricksWest, and there were some
inconsistencies.

The minifig who is getting thrown back has a polygon based head, but a round
neck.

The minifig head on the bedpost (round) is totally cylindrical.

Do the printed minifig head parts need to be fixed?  Has this been fixed, and
Cale doesn't have the latest update?  Just curious.

Just a guess, but I don't think all the printed heads exist in the LGEO
parts, so l3p can't substitute that way.  And they probably don't use
the cylinder primitives because of the printed faces, so once again l3p
can't substitute.  I suppose they could be fixed up to use a half cylinder
for the back of the head, but that still wouldn't be all that great.
Perhaps this is a good place for some inline POV code.

Don