 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 51
Re: OS 8.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:55:48 GMT

My classification into 5 possibilities was only meant to be an overview of
what had been suggested so far, so that people could say what they were
interested in. Personally I think there should be several programs, with
separate code bases, and this forum should be used for exchanging technical
information between them, as well as recruiting people to the various
development efforts. It is clear that two such efforts already exist:
BrickDraw3D on OS 9, and LDGLight on OS X.

Personally, I am not terribly interested in being involved in either of
these (though I will be interested to follow their development) but if there
are people interested in working on a new program, written from scratch
using Apple's cocoa libraries, I am prepared to write some proportion of the
code. If not, I will either start on my own, or work on something else.

At some point, people need to say what they are prepared to contribute to
what development effort. There is no point trying to tell other people what
to do, because they just won't do it. Is anyone else interested in cocoa
development? I really need someone who knows something about open GL, if I'm
going to get anywhere.

Barney.