 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 44
Re: OS 8.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:21:44 GMT

I was only referring to my own priorities. Everybody else's priorities are
their own. However the lesson is the same. Your efforts would be better
concentrated on making one thing. Supporting other OS versions is a big hassle.

Especially dinosaurs like 7.1. Get real. I'm still with Joseph Gonzales on
the position that 7.1 on a Quadra or other 68040 was adequate for 3D work,
LDRAW in particular. Joe argued that position while he worked at Apple (and
they wanted to market PowerPC as necessary for 3D work. However that would
now require rewriting OpenGL.

There's a remote possibility that BrickDraw3D will not be too hard to
qualify on dinosaurs like 7.6.1, because Metrowerks does most of the hard
work. Still, that means installing the darn thing on some hardware that was
being put to better use.