 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 43
Re: Mac OS 8.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:16:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
The CW-5 IDE did not like some of the CW-7 project settings because they were newer than the CW-5 compiler could understand, so it tried to set them back to default. That should have been a good thing, but something got hosed in the project causing the IDE to lock up the machine when I clicked on certain panels :/ So I had to start with a clean project and load everything in from scratch.

Maybe you should downloaded the CW-5 project of macLDGLite .5
http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/macLDGLite_source.sit.hqx

I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier...

Thinking of this earlier might have allowed me to put a day of effort into some
useful improvements.

You will also probably need the OpenGL 1.0 SDK to get it to compile with as
little effort as possible.
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/OpenGL_1.0_SDK.sit.hqx

One of the OpenGL 1.0 files has to be changed to get it to work.  It is
documented by Erik Olson in the readme for the Mac.

I would like to stay with OpenGL 1.2. It is the current rev, no need to
backtrack needlessly.

Now I'm dealing with an issue in MoreFiles, where MoreFiles wants a later version of files.h than my universal headers contain. I could upgrade my universal headers, but I'm trying not to rock that boat any more than necessary.

This is probably part of the libraries included with CodeWarrior 7.x.  If
you go back to the CW 5 source code, you probably wont have this problem.

BTW, not meaning to sound dumb, but who is Wiz ? I noted a few comments in the code, but nothing beyond that.

Last week Wiz created this file
http://firebolt.mlmc.utah.edu/macLDGLite_0.5_020202.sit.  It is the
macLDGLite .5 version that Wiz updated for CW 7 and OpenGL 1.2.  He included
a log of all of his changes, so I was thinking that the log would be pretty
important for you as well, especially if you want to update to OpenGL 1.2.

There were several developers who volunteered to help.  I was sending them
the info that Wiz gave me.  I haven't heard from the other developers (other
than Barney Hilken), but I assume they are subscribed to this list or will
be shortly.  Ray, I couldn't remember if you were one of them or not so I
didn't realize you wouldn't know who he is.

One more time: Who is Wiz ? I'm trying to get a name and an email addy.
(reply by private mail if you do not wish to post it publicly).

James