 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 33
Re: Anyone considered Java?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:28:25 GMT

I'm pretty sure that Java3D requires Java 2, which is MacOS X only.

Bummer.

I'm a professional (11 years) software developer and have been doing Java for 2-3 years.  I'd love to help out with any project going on.  Unfortunately my free time varies significantly and I can't predict how much time I'll be able to donate.

About the time issue.  I think that describes everyone.  I guess my solution
to that is to keep this as decentralized as possible, or rather keep
everything on the list.  That way, when someone sees some way they can help,
they can pitch in at the moment.  Or if someone has a sudden urge to spend
an entire day coding, they can get up to date by reading the newsgroup and
then post everything they did to the newsgroup again.  I think this
compensates for not having one dedicated professional.

The biggest disadvantage for professionals is that you have to put up with
simple questions like what I post.  I can "sorta" program...

James