 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 53
Re: OS 8.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:09:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Barney Hilken writes:
This discussion has got fairly chaotic, and it is clear that different
people want different things from the project.

I have been suggesting some directions hoping others would pick one up that they
liked.  Most of the directions were suggested to me by developers who I haven't
heard from since they suggested the idea, so I am just assuming they have lost
interest or are so busy they haven't kept up.

Anyway, I have been so chatty because I have just been trying to get something,
anything, to happen.  For 7 long years I have felt that Erik has been the only
Mac sympathetic LDraw programmer.  And now there are lots of Mac programmers and
even the old school guys are talking about writing Mac compatible stuff.

I think that where this goes really depends on who is really committed to
spending alot of time coding.  This isn't exactly going to take just a day...  I
would be glad to spend the time, but I don't have the ability.  Since it looks
like something IS going to happen, I wont be so chatty anymore.  :-)

Concerning BrickDraw3d.  I guess Erik is actually working on it, so maybe I just
need to wait for him? (see: http://news.lugnet.com/news/
display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dev:6894)

Oh, I did update the index page on http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc to include a
little text on ldglite .95 and the linux parts.  Perhaps some web designers
would like to make the webpage for http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/mac/.
Are there any subscribed to this newsgroup (besides plenty busy Matt)?

James