 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 17
Re: Mac OS 8.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 13:46:03 GMT

James,

Yes, indeed the preferences file does appear to be part of the issue,
however...

1) I get a partial rendering (and a whole mess of missing file messages).
Do these drawings (specifically M6067.DAT) require parts that are not in the
marsbase distribution ?

2) Some of the files reported as missing appear to be in a sub-folder '48'
within /LDRAW/P/. Moving those up to /LDRAW/P helps but does not elminate the
the list of missing parts (e.g. 3005.dat, etc).

3) That bit about deleting the preferences file is a poor UI choice. It should
have given me a menu option for specifying (or respecifying) the location in the
first place. This is a mac, ease of use should be an objective.

Ray

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
Ray,
Check to see if there is a preference file for macLDGLite in your
preferences folder.  If there is, delete it and relaunch macLDGLite.  It
should aks where the ldraw folder is.

James

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
If it still doesn't work, let us know.  I would like to know.

I'm having problems getting macLDGLite .5 to run on ...

iMac 333Mhz / MacOS 8.6 / 160MB

It launches, but whenever I try to render anything, I get a long rapidly
scrolling list of files that are not found. I think it doesn't see the LDRAW
folder for some reason. Where should the LDRAW folder be in relationship to the
root directory (main window) of the hard drive ? I've tried putting LDRAW in the
root, I've also tried putting LDRAW in the same folder with the macLDGLite, but
get the same result. I *don't* think the issue is OpenGL, as that does seem to
be running (because I can get it to open an About OpenGL dialog when macLDGLite
is running).

Thoughts or suggestions ?

Ray