 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 40
Re: OS 8.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:05:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Erik Olson writes:
On OS versions: It costs time and effort that you don't have, to try to
support more than one configuration. Forget about it.

BrickDraw3D is targeted at OS 9. I'm not going to test it or investigate
problems on a slew of older configurations. 8.6 is not bad for supporting
the same software environment (Nav Services etc) so is probably fine. More
importantly I still use 8.6.

OK. Are you basically saying we shouldn't try to get ldglite to work on Mac OS
8/9 and instead focus on BrickDraw3D?  That is fine with me.  I know Don wants
his application to work on as much platforms as possible, but he has also said
that it isn't a Mac app at all, and his website plainly says that BrickDraw3D is
preferable.

James,

I read Erik's post three times and I see nothing in it about putting effort
towards one app vs another. His focus was on his efforts with BrickDraw3D and OS
X. Please read it again. We have enough to do here (technically) as it is. I see
no reason why there can't be two applications.

Ray