 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 24
Re: Introductions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:25:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Barney Hilken writes:

I really like the mock-up!

Thanks Barney!

I cobbled that together in Photoshop out of elements from iMovie, QuickTime
Player, and iTunes, as a way to illustrate some of my ideas for the ultimate
functionality I think "the" Mac editor should have (were everyone to
concentrate on making the penultimate Mac-based LDraw utility, as I've
discussed before).

I guess I can do the introduction thing, even thought I'm not a programmer
(I have been on the developers list all along...it was my idea after all!).

I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I guess I am bringing graphics support
to the party. I'm knowledgable in interface design, graphics output formats,
some 3D, some Web, and I'll be taking a more face-forward role in LDMC after
BricksWest is done next weekend when I begin the web site re-vamp. (I've
been involved with LDMC for about a year now)

I'm also here to lend production support to the back end, as far as
"marketing" of the Mac side of the LDraw tools and the LDMC, promotion, live
demos, etc. I've been helping a bit behind the scenes at LDraw.org (as much
as I can), and when the system to do so gets ramped up, should be one of the
contributors to the LDraw.org site for Mac news and support.

That's about it for me I suppose.

Matt