 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 35
Re: Mac OS 8.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 04:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
Ray,
What are your problems?  Maybe we could compare.  I have CW 7.0.

A little bit of everything. The CW-5 IDE did not like some of the CW-7 project
settings because they were newer than the CW-5 compiler could understand, so it
tried to set them back to default. That should have been a good thing, but
something got hosed in the project causing the IDE to lock up the machine when I
clicked on certain panels :/ So I had to start with a clean project and load
everything in from scratch.

Then the compiler generated all kinds of errors & warnings because many (most ?)
of the various functions have no prototypes. I could turn those warnings off,
but being a methodical kind of guy, I find them cheap and useful insurance, so I
went thru and added all the missing prototypes.

Now I'm dealing with an issue in MoreFiles, where MoreFiles wants a later
version of files.h than my universal headers contain. I could upgrade my
universal headers, but I'm trying not to rock that boat any more than necessary.

My objective is to wind up with something that will compile and run with a stock
install of CW-Pro-5. It *should* be possible, just takes time and effort.

I haven't actually built from scratch a large project like this.  But I do
know that you have to have the OpenGL SDK and must define Mac.  Wiz said
this to me about how this is done in the .5 version: