 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 6
Re: LDMC News Digest (To Get The Ball Rolling)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 08:29:33 GMT

Matt, thanks for posting that.  I was too busy to get anything out earlier.

In addition, I just wanted to add the following.

Don has gotten ldglite to compile on Mac OS X and I tested it and it works.
The steps to compile it are in Matt's email (the first one of this tread).
Easier instructions will come soon if you don't want to try all of that.

Also, I believe the linux parts file works best.

Get the linux parts files here:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/linux-ldraw-library.tar.gz
or
http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/linux-ldraw-library.tar.gz

The ldraw folders above have no models.  If you want some models, there are
some here (I believe these are Erik Olson's--I am not sure where I got it):
http://firebolt.mlmc.utah.edu/ldglite/LDRAW.zip

Or you can find some models on many sites (I don't have any URLs for ya,
you'll have to look).

Editing is "fully" supported with the -ledit parameter.  You can get a list
of key commands at:
http://library.thinkquest.org/20551/keys.html?tqskip1=1&tqtime=0208

It is kinda hard to use, but it is good enough for me for the moment.

After launching ldglite, I think you have to click on the title bar of the
new window, not just the window.  I believe all of the key commands work.
For example, "esc" brings up a menu of sorts.  Pretty cool.

--

Thanks:

James Reynolds
http://www.cc.utah.edu/~jer29950