 CAD / Development / 6918
Re: File Check utility (was: Case of part filenames?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:21:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
We'll never be totally rid of upper-case names, as long as we're
distributing the parts with the DOS-based ARJ self-extracting
executables.  But for the master data on the ldraw.org server, all new
submissions should be lowercase.

I'm slowly 'enhancing' the Submit function on the PT, to more carefully
enforce the various file standards.  I add new checks as I have time.

Thanks!  Now I know.

One related thing- is there any way that you could add the new checks to the
"File Check" utility as well?  I had a number of parts that I had scanned
with that tool and they came up OK.  Then the submission form refused the
parts.  Waaah!

Yep, I will do that.  I think it should be pretty straightforward.  Not
quite as straightforward as it would be if they actually ran off the same
source code, but close...

Steve