 CAD / Development / 6915
6914  |  6916
Subject:
Case of part filenames?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:34:01 GMT

What's the story with upper vs. lower case in part filenames?  In my brief
survey of my parts directory, it looks like all the files use all upper case
where they use letters (".DAT" and the "P" for patterned elements).
Additionally, many parts contain the filename as the second line in the
file.  These appear to all use upper case.

But... I just submitted a part to ldraw's Parts Tracker.  The tracker
complained about the case usage, telling me the part should use all lower case.

What's the scoop?  Did it used to not matter, but we're now trying to move
over to strict lower case?

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com