 Database / Brictionary / 207
206  |  208
Subject:
Part 6588 Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:59:38 GMT

There are many aspects of the art of piece nomenclature that
continue to escape me, but this one has me completely stumped.  I just
came across what I think is ``Technic Gearbox 2 x 4 x 7''
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6588
while doing an inventory of set 6775.  I cannot for the life of me figure
out what the third dimension is---normally I'd expect height (in bricks)
but this part is only 3 1/3 bricks high.  I'd think it was an error, but
the posts on Lugnet about this part suggest that the name really does make
sense to everyone else.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
TWS Garrison
tgarriso@math.purdue.edu
   http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/