 Database / Brictionary / 206
Re: Names for Bionicle Bohrok parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:25:36 GMT

"Dave Johann" <legomecha@adelphia.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.db.brictionary, Huw Millington writes:
I have submitted an inventory of 8563 to peeron, and now the new parts • need
naming.

Here are images of them:

I am not sure of the formal procedure for allocating names, but Dan
suggested I try here :-)

Huw

Well, Huw, between your inventories of the Bohrok sets and my adding of • their
parts to BrickLink, I think consolidation of name ideas would be quite • useful.
I've already started on a basic naming convention for them based on Mark • Riley's
thread http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=6515.  Most of the parts and pics • have
already been uploaded to BrickLink, but only in black and blue. Here are • the
names my wife and I have come up with and submitted to BrickLink:

Already approved and in the catalog:

<snip>

Excellent. Dan will probably use those then!

Parts still not added (I'll use your numbers, Huw, for clarification):
x1003.jpg (grey on grey-tough to make out due to the angle of the pic)
x1004.jpg (grey on grey-tough to make out due to the angle of the pic)

I agree about the grey on grey -- I just followed the peeron house-style :-)

42042.jpg (Krana will be added as they start showing up en-masse, pic for
BrickLink should be nearly straight on)

Presumably the different designs have separate numbers -- I'll check my Va
sets (which, incidentally come with a random design brain, and anything
between 1 and 3 of them, it seems)

Clarification for you for the Peeron inventory: x1000.jpg is part# 41666 • (look
on the back-it is seperated across the center of the gear).

Ok, noted.

Mind if I prepare your pics for BrickLink upload? or would you rather do
this?

Sure, go ahead. if you need larger ones, LMK.

Huw