 CAD / Development / 6925
6924  |  6926
Subject:
New LDView screen saver mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 06:07:59 GMT

I don't include instructions in the release, but LDView 1.9.2 can now be
used as a screen saver.  This is still in the verification stage, and as
such may lock/crash/reboot your computer, etc.  (Note that it does none of
these things on my computer.)

To use it as a screen saver, copy LDView.exe into your windows\system
directory (or winnt\system32 directory on NT/2000/XP) and rename it to
LDView.scr.  It should then show up on the screen saver list either as
Ldview (95/98/ME) or "LDView 3D LEGO Models" (NT/2000/XP).  The stud
textures will even work as long as you first run LDView.exe from wherever
you install it so it can record that directory for the screen saver to find
the texture file.  Note that the screen saver settings are kept separate
from the standard LDView settings, so you can set it up any way you want
without effecting the LDView settings.

******NOTE******
If you are using any version of 95/98/ME, don't use this screen saver if you
want password protection.  It should ask for a password, but doesn't prevent
Ctrl+Alt+Del/Alt+Tab.  This is intentional, as the screen saver support is
still being verified, and I don't want to require a hard reboot if there is
a problem.

Please let me know if it works for you or causes any problems.  Ideally,
send me an e-mail that includes the following information:

Type of video card
OS Version
Amount of Memory

Thanks.