 CAD / Development / 6942
Re: [Parts Tracker] Recent Noise and New Search Tool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:56:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
(almost forgot) The URL is <http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi>.

Any chance of including a brief submission status code, like on the Parts
list? Until/unless we implement a means of automatically mailing the author
when a Hold is posted, this would give authors an easy way of finding their
submitted parts in need of attention?

Yes, there's a chance of that.  Right now, the full codes (like on the
cert page) aren't stored anywhere, they're rebuilt when the cert page is
updated.  And they're something of a pain to calc individually.
Eventually, those codes will be stored to a file for random retrieval.

For right now, I could pretty easily throw in the Y/N flags from the
list page.

Even without, this is a very useful addition - thanks.

No problem.  Once I learned how to use grep a bit, and tested out the
timing/performance, it was pretty easy.

But getting the Activity page to filter down to a single file, *that*
was a pain.

Steve