 CAD / Development / 6939
Re: Questions on Stickers and Certification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:20:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Imre Papp writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner writes:
I've noticed that some parts are reviewed and certified by the author.  Is
this okay, or should we only certify parts done by others?

My opinion is that we souldn't allow the 'self-certification' of the parts
by their author. I'm sure that everybody carefully checks his or her part
before submission, but the author might not notice some errors that others
could. This is the way of working of the human brain. We get better quality
parts if more independent reviewers have chance to check them.

Ampi

        Imre Papp
Geometria GIS Systems House
email: ipapp@geometria.hu
   web: www.geometria.hu

I agree that authors should not be allowed to self-certify, but ONLY if we
get sufficient active reviewers to keep things moving. The last three
updates would have been much smaller without self-certification. Some new
reviewers have become active recently but I get the feeling there are still
less reviewers that there were voters under the old method. Maybe that says
more about problems with the old system than the new.

As an experiment, I'll nullify my current self-certifications.

Chris