 CAD / Development / 6988
Re: More on Stickers (was: Questions on Stickers and Certification)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:15:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner writes:
           On the other hand, some official "patterned" parts
   are actually parts with stickers.

There should not be. Which official parts are you thinking of?

Now that I look through my folder of parts, I'm thinking that maybe I was
mistaken on this.  Although a part that *I* have may use a sticker, that
doesn't mean that the same part didn't also come printed.

A long time ago, I noticed this part:
  http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/3010p06.dat

I have (almost) this as a printed part on white, except the stripes and gaps
are transposed from the DAT file (i.e. red triangles in the corners and four
red stripes).

I have 2 of these that both use stickers.  I also have one that has stickers
on both sides.  The stickers are transparent plastic.  Ever since seeing
this part in the library, I assumed that stickers were considered patterned
parts.  Once I made that assumption, it never occurred to me that it was
wrong.

So... does anyone have a printed version of this part?  One that has
main-color matching the face?  The yellow 1x4 brick with white and red
printed stripes doesn't count because that has both white and red printed.

Anyway, from looking through the parts, here are other parts that look
questionable.  I have a number of these, though not all of them.  For those
I have, there may still be printed versions.  For those I don't have, I am
just plain guessing- they seem like the kind of things that would be
stickered.
http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/3004prc.dat

This coems as a printed brick

http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/3008p01.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/3008p02.dat

No experience of these two

http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/2494p01.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/4448p01.dat

These are probably mistakes - I am not aware of these two as printed parts.

And since I was looking more closely than previously for this sort of thing,
I came across the printed flags.  Did these really exist?  Does anyone have
a set reference?  All the flags I have that are similar to this don't have
the hanging shape- they are rectangular, and do use stickers.
http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/777p01.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/parts/777p03.dat

These (and I think all the) hanging versions were printed.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

Chris