 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 58
[Re: Introductions]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:29:42 GMT

Hi,

I'm Mark Abrams.  I hope this is not a duplicate but the previous post I sent
doesn't appear to have made it here.  I have 2 bachelors degrees - one in studio
art and the other in computer science.  I am currently employed as a Java
developer.  My career goals include Software Architecture.  I have always wanted
to target the MacOS but until recently, that has not been a feasable option.  I
have been a Mac user since the mid 80's, but my education and employment have
always been in Unix and Windows environments.  There's not a whole lot of
employment opportunities for Mac developers in upstate NY.  I tend toward open
source tools and development.  The JDEE (java development environment for emacs)
is my favorite IDE.

I see the other thread on Java development and would be glad to pitch in on
design and/or development of that.

I have dl'd ldglite and like it very much.  I think that the mouse is overused
in most apps and really like the key commands in ldglite.  It would benefit
greatly from multiple panes.  I'm envisioning something like blender
(www.blender.nl).

Another thought is to script a parser for ldraw parts in python for blender.

Anyhow, my intro and my $.02

Mark