 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 62
Re: Any help I can offer I will
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:13:39 GMT

Brian,
Right now we need someone to make some webpages, specifically this one:
http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/mac/

I don't know if Matthew Gerber is in charge of it or not.  He already has some
other web/graphic designers in contact with him.  I know Matthew is really busy
with BrickWest.

Don Heyse said it as good as I could:
The next step would be to extend this document a complete "getting started" page
for MacOs to replace the "Under construction" sign on that page here:

http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/mac/

Use the windows and linux pages as examples.  Point new users to both ldglite
and BrickDraw3D.  But don't hesitate to point out the various strengths and
weaknesses of each.  And believe me, ldglite has *plenty* of weaknesses,
especially as a Mac app.  It doesn't get the 2nd lowest "User Rating" at
www.ldraw.org for nothing.  It'll grab THE bottom position as soon as my 6 votes
are counted. ;^)  Think of it as the lowest common denominator ldraw program.

James

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Brian Kelley writes:
Unfortunately I dont have a detailed programming
background... however I have been involved in
Creating instructions and designs with LDRAW
and MLCAD processes through the use of a pc. I
am a native Mac user and come from more of a
graphic design background. ANY help I can offer
at all I am willing to offer. Maybe we should drop
the hat to pay someone to design a program? Just
a suggestion. Brian