 Announcements / 846
  Another Technic Creation

Hi again folks, I've just put my latest creation online, a Technic figure scale small(ish) excavator. The model is powered by motors and pneumatics, and there are MPEG videos of it working to download. You can find it here: (URL) me know what you (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk) !!

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Hi Jennifer, that was it we (I) were waiting for!!! LEGO-HIGH-TECHNIC again! Supereb!! I just saw one of the movies - there is hardly no difference to a real moving excavator. Check your snail-mailbox in a couple of days for more inspirations! And (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Jennifer, Once again you have created a fantastic model and a great web page. Your first two models set a high standard and the excavator continues in that direction. Thank you for sharing your work. Question: How do you get the pnematics to operate (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3A0FE481.F36472...h.ac.uk... (...) Jennifer, This model is *beautiful*. In fact, all of your models are. Thank you for taking the time to share these with us - this is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) by the amount of attention you've given to functionality, realism, and appearance. Usually, that's a pick-one-or-two sort of proposition, but this combines all three very nicely. Lego should make this into a set. (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) These really are good, and I really do like them. Lego really should make sets like this. Really great work. Scott A (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

It is hard to comment on your work. The attention to detail in the model and the presentation is so excellent. I enjoy models that "do something". Yours meets and exceeds those expectations. I am sure you are very proud of this project. I certainly (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3A0FE481.F36472...h.ac.uk... (...) Excellent model. PS. I think the individual track pieces are still available from Dacta. I bought some a year ago. They would allow you to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3A0FE481.F36472...h.ac.uk... (...) Jennifer, I think you are heading towards a cool site nomination. Your web pages are so detailed. Do you have another motive to produce such (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! Jennifer, you know I was impressed with the preview. It's even better with the video's. The movement is just great! Think I'll just run to the shop and buy pneumatics now.... Duq "Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) *sigh* I will never ever again touch a brick! Having seen such wonders simply makes me say, "nahh I can't build that" You know what? You really need the control box I'm fiddling with, Do you have any skills in electronics? John (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Brilliant. Again. Andrew (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Hi Jennifer! I am too late.. :-(( Every praise is allready made, and with all I agree. Beautifull! You know I am a big pneumatics fan/user, but I have never been able to build such a compact model as yours. The movement of the arm is similar to the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) The following can be attributed to a RFL (Rich Fantasy Life). It is not real nor should be contrued as such - it is just pretend (but I can dream, can't I?): TO: Ms. Jennifer Clark FROM: Human Resources Thank you for showing us your web-based (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) sincerely hope officials from the human resources department at LEGO take note. You could really teach their Technic set designers a thing or two! --Sean (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Wonderful Creation! It will be more attractive if you can use RCX in your MOC. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

Terrific model and presentation! Thanks for sharing Jennifer. Build On! John Matthews Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3A0FE481.F36472...h.ac.uk... (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

This is simply too great. I'm stunned speechless. It's very inspiring to see the kind of models you've made with LEGO bricks! Fredrik (just spent a week off the Red Sea) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Jennifer, you really put us engineers in shame..:-) As I already said for your previous and amazing creations, those are the best Technic creations I've ever seen, since you don't only create amazingly sophisticated mechanisms, but you also couple (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I think... the same as everyone else - this is a _VERY GOOD_ model, and the presentation is great! Putting all that function in such closed space, and also getting the looks right, those are signs of a Master Builder. Do you dare to tell us (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Thanks Holger, I was really trying to achieve a good dynamic accuracy with the model, so it's good to hear that you approve of this. It can be great fun to play with this model by the way, I can sit there for ages digging beads and putting (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I suppose the first thing is to ensure that the air can flow freely - an earlier version of the model had a problem with one of the hoses on the main boom kinking when the boom was raised. The problem only became apparent when you tried to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Somehow this comes through in one of mpegs you posted :) Great model! David (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) That's an interesting point - one of the great things about designing models like this is that you don't have to worry about things like the cost of the set relative to how it is going to look on the shop shelf. In this case, there are three (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I agree entirely! I think that is one of the reasons why I like building construction machinery so much, as there are generally loads of functions and good playability if you implement them well. Out of the older Technic models from the 70's (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I've seen these, but they were very expensive for what you get, so didn't bother with them at the time. However, as you say, I will need some for larger tracked vehicles at some point in the future... Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I'm stunned... I don't know how you find the time, the energy, the... Wow... Keep thoose great things coming :) /Tobbe (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Thanks Lawrence - but I've already had one a short while ago. I think you can only have one per site :-) (...) I do work in a university, doing research, but this really has no influence on my motivation for doing the web page. The real (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Thanks Duq - the pneumatics are great. I remember mucking about with all sorts of levers, gears and racks before I started using the pneumatics, and they really do open up many possibilities. I just wish they'd make the individual elements (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Thanks Klaas - getting the pneumatics compact was actually a lot harder than it looks, and did involve a few trade offs such as having to use two cylinders for the main boom instead of one to allow a good range of movement. (...) Yes, I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Thanks Zhengrong. I must confess that the ideas I've had for using an RCX (which I don't actually have at the moment) are actually rather mundane things like creating an anti two-block device for cranes and other "real life" type systems. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Thanks for writing Selcuk, I certainly plan to build more in the future :-) Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Sure - it took about 6 weeks from start to finish to build the excavator, although I wasn't working on it all the time. Much of this was spend "debugging" and tweaking the model rather than pure creation as such; in that way it was a bit like (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I hope John Barnes doesn't mind me posting this, but he has fitted a large set of toy tank tracks successfully to a lego creation on his web page, which I think would give better grip and be a lot cheaper than the official Lego track pieces. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Another Technic Creation

(...) But LEGO tracks have the advantage of variable length. And they're "pure" :P Amazing models, by the way...I wish I had a knack for Technic constructions that really work. I usually build with form in mind first and then try to incorporate some (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I dunno about that. Didn't someone here say that he/she found the 8480 Space Shuttle too difficult to build? Given that LEGO sets are, after all, children's toys, I think they should comprise fairly simple mechanics and construction, so that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I'm not quite sure I agree, I think some kids are probably are a lot more intelligent than we give them credit for, and I think they are getting brighter?? Where Jennifers models really score for me is the attention to detail and that sort of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) It means "to comprehend deeply". (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I'm not saying all Technic models should be like Jennifer's; just that some should. The technic space shuttle took me a long time to assemble, and I enjoyed the whole process. It's really neat to see how something that complicated fits (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

In lugnet.technic, Mike McFarlane writes: <snippage> (...) Grok is a word coined by Robert Heinlien in his book, Stranger in a Strange Land I did a web search and found this page on Grok: (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Ah, but some of maintain the hope that Lego will make sets that are intended for adults or gifted children to use. I'd pay a premium (over and above the component costs) for a set as feature-packed and mechanically ingenious as any of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) (URL) That's pretty nifty. Dave! Dave! (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) ..Snip.. (...) Why not have a new Technic range to include models of this complexity? They already have Starter and Advanced, so why not have an Expert range? Martin (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

I find myself half agreeing here. The model is great. Is it something a parent would buy for a ten year old these days for $120? I tend to doubt it, for many of the reasons already discussed on this network before. But; I built my 8480 before its (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) grok gro+k, v. U.S. slang. Also grock. Arbitrary formation by Heinlein (see quot. 1961). a. trans. (also with obj. clause) To understand intuitively or by empathy; to establish rapport with. b. intr. To empathize or communicate sympathetically (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) You mean some sort of "Expert Builder" line? :) (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Exactly, they should bring this back to life. The last set in this line was in 1984, seems they could put more complex models in this range, maybe with a slightly higher recommended age. Maybe they should change the age ratings to a complexity (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Actually, IIRC, "Expert Builder" was a synonym for "Technic", not a classification thereof. I'm sure that if Lego cared to, they could come up with the correct terminology for it; what we want is beautiful, intricate, functional models like (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

There have certainly been some interesting points made here, and I think they are relevant to a greater or lesser extent depending on many things. First of all, as Mike points out, not all kids have a problem with complex lego kits. Having seen (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

WONDERFULL, FANTASTIC, SENSATIONAL, UNBELIEVABLE !!! Rene (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

I for one would love to have a set of building directions for some of Jennifer's models, or even the more ingenious sub-assemblies. The would surely lead to improving my creations! And, with all of the AFOL's selling custom creations, maybe someone (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

Mark Cogan <marq@arttoday.com> wrote in message (...) Clarknic? Techniffer? Techniffer Clarknic? Sorry. Its late. --Jack Gregory (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I agree with this, and most all your other points. (...) "Grokked". Sorry, I had just looked it up, and needed to do something with the soon-to-be-useless knowledge. I know what you mean about the 8448 gearbox. I just can't quite make that (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Jennifer I think you may have achieved Lego Goddess status ;-) Mike PP That is not meant to sound sarcastic BTW. Perhaps just Scottish humour?? (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Yes, this is indeed quite true. As many people have noted, children below the quoted age bracket on a set may very well successfully compile the model. With the introduction of the Expert Builder sets in the late seventies, I was lucky to get (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) There is a good section about gearboxes on (URL) , which should shed some light on the matter. It turns out that the 8448 gearbox is very similar to that in a real car, apart from not having synchros, although as someone has pointed out to me (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) No problem Mike, I know the score ;-) Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I suppose therein lies the real trick - no doubt there are many ways to skin a cat, but the way I usually approach this is to keep both things in mind all of the time. Sometimes it is possible to "compartmentalise" each by settting dimensional (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Another Technic Creation

(...) It gets even worse when you try to stick to minifig scale... (...) Thanks! It really needs to be updated, though. Which means I should get on track and learn perl so I can make it easier to update... --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Yep. The main difference is that in a car gearbox, the slip rings are generally all on the same shaft, mad possible by the vastly larger selection of gear wheel sizes in "real life" 8?) ROSCO (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

My own building experiences: (...) That'S the first step of getting into the buisness of creatin own models. Building by instruction gives good ideas of how the technic bricks could be used. But that just covers just 20% (or less) of the reasonable (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Jennifer, Your excavator is brilliant and easily on par with your other creations. I can barely wait for you to build your next model. In fact, if you want to build a large tracked vehicle with official LEGO parts, I would be willing to loan you my (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Completely agree on that. When I was first built my 8860 when I was 10 or 11, I never had seen before mechanisms like reciprocating engine, transmission, differential, etc. Even I first assumed that the transmission of 8860 was a hand brake, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) That is an exceptional creation...combines a lot of functions into a medium-sized model that also looks good...great work! (...) Heh...I'm kind of a nut with these things; I just have to know exactly how everything works. So, right after (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Sounds like we are of a similar age - I suppose there is a sort of of "Golden Age" type thing when you look back on the models of the late seventies. I think my favourites were the Mobile Crane and the Motorbike, although I remember the fork (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I still count the stuff out of the box - if I don't, them I usually miss something out at some point ;-) It's funny you mention the axle thing by the way, someone was watching me build recently and was amazed I could do the same thing just by (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I remember this too, and also remembering building the thing and wondering why they were closing off one of the gears - they did it with a 1x1 plate if I remember correctly? I think it was because the engine went amazingly fast in the lowest (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Yes, something did happen in the late seventies. The introduction of the "new style" technic (as opposed to the old style large gears and white axles) and the minifigures were both large events, especially with the addition of the space and (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) a (...) better, (...) A _mere_ 9V? I ran one up to 54V, for short periods of time. However, the real answer is to use a hefty 12V motor. I have a 12V can motor (it might even be a 24V job, in fact) that runs quite happy with _anything_ you (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Jennifer Clark wrote: [] (...) I've been toying with this -- mostly on paper -- as well, in attempt to convert my 8448 to four-wheel dual-mode steering. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the only way to do it its to only switch modes when the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I came to exactly the same conclusion. I hope we are both correct! (...) A pure mechanical solution, which would work with 4 wheel steered vehicles, with each axle being steered to the same (or opposite) angle such as the one you describe, is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Well, I've been thinking about this, and I think it's possible to do with an arrangement like the valve gear on your everyday steam engine. This would allow it to be changed with the wheels in any position. Implementing this, however, is not trivial (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) As a child, I only had one of the large, bulky 4,5V motor with black housing and built in gear. I actually found it pretty useful, but then again I never put my hands on any other kinds om motors. The most useful feature of the motor was the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Now i got it! Cool down guys and make up your mind. I will tell you what's going on. Have you ever heard of or have you ever _meet_ somebody being _that_ good on such different tasks like Jennifer Clark? She's perfect in engineering, presentation, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Impressive! However, I can go further than this in both ambition and stupidity - on yet another one of those strokes of "genius" that seem to inspire us as kids, I plugged the motor into the mains with one of those leads that go into cassette (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(Warning: This message has been composed by committee) We/I would like to take this opportunity to deny all allegations cited in the previous post, and to reinforce that We/I are in fact a single person with a certain and singular thread of life on (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Ahem. If Jennifer Clark did not exist, it would have been necessary to invent her. For if she did not exist, how could we proudly announce that she's the newest member of the Guild of Bricksmiths? But she does, we did, and she is. So there. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Not true, you can have as many as coolness warrants. I'm not sure what the "record" is but I think it is larger than 3. ++Lar (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Would this only apply to webs with sufficiently different sub-webs on them, doing a different theme on each? Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3A1A860F.ADD4F7...h.ac.uk... (...) stupidity - (...) kids, I (...) cassette (...) it seemed (...) between AC and (...) this motor (...) and I (...) I remember we did a similar (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

Congrats to Jennifer! Well done, and bravo! Build On! John Matthews Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4Dvvx.7C@lugnet.com... (...) her. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I thought it looked great, but tended to tip over when you tried to lift something in the forks. The levers at the side of the seat which didn't actually do anything were a bit on the cheesy side too. I also liked the alternate models - if I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Hey you guys, don't be so cruel about one of my favorite sets, that cute yellow forklift. Okay, it tipped over easily, but with some weight in the back it wasn't that bad. The handles didn't work. So? I've seen tech models with a dummy steering (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) It only applies to webs that Todd consideres sufficiently cool to recieve the award multiple times. Usually, subsequent awards come after significant additions/revisions to the site. Which you've done to your web. Steve (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Great Work Jennifer I would be happy to buy one of these model, i do like them, brings the Technic Models out to what they should be. Since i saw your site, i have been working on a Plane from WWII -- Michael - - - Please reply on (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Fair enough, it did have a lot of charm and I really enjoyed it at the time. In fact, I recently rebuilt it but with three motors in there to drive, steer and operate the forks. It was great fun to play with! It was also a great set for parts. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Thanks Michael. As a matter of interest, which plane are you working on? Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

The Cool award hasn't been that long. Me thinks we need another stunning model for a second Cool Site nomination... ;-) Duq "Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message news:st4o1tgeduq66rd...4ax.com... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Lancaster (Dam Buster) Bomber , using 4 props from the 8855, if you beat to it first I would like to buy your one. The reason, being I love these planes, and I live 2 miles from the home of the Dambuster - RAF Scampton. with a full rep. of the plane (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Lancaster (Dam Buster) Bomber , using 4 props from the 8855, if you beat to it first I would like to buy your one. The reason, being I love these planes, and I live 2 miles from the home of the Dambuster - RAF Scampton. with a full rep. of the plane (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Jennifer, I for one would like to see who is the creator of these beautiful models. If you have a suitable picture of yourself you'd be willing to share with us all, I think that this nonsense you replied to could have been easily nipped in the bud. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

Tried using those flex axles from ZNAP sets? You could use less motors and hide them somewhere in the fusilage of the plane... Duq "Michael Edwards" <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:G4G1q0.3FF@lugnet.com... (...) mange (...) I (...) (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Does this mean that the chances from ever seing one of her creations in .dat format is nil? John Jensen (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) The plans I have for my website are open ended - in other words, I've always intended just to see how things go and put stuff on as the mood takes me. What the future form of the web site will be, even I don't know, although there will (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Well, there really is no problem - I took Harald's post in a positive way, as I assume he was just having a laugh. Saying that, if he was being insulting, I can think of worse ways to be insulted than have someone make a comparison between (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I think that John's question was more aimed at wether or not you're going to start selling models as a Bricksmith. Since Bricksmiths sell their designs for a good chunk of change, it goes against good sense to put those same designs on a (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Sounds pretty good - what sort of scale are you going to model it at? (...) Alternatively, you could always buy an Airfix model to get the dimensions, saving you a lot of boot leather :-) (...) Tobbe, who posts here, was also making another 4 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I do plan to sell some of my models as a Bricksmith, so as you point out I would not be giving away the designs for those particular models. However, that is not to say that I will never again have another DAT file on my website; I may well (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) there are piece inventories for each step, and instructions for a couple of alternative models, both different from the ones in your instrunction sheet. It is also in booklet format, with ideas for combining the 850 with other sets at the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

Aaaa...aaargh! Right, I'm gonna beat you! (not lay down my lego like some of you wimps :) ) Watch this space for a jennifer beating model! ps: don't watch too hard. Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I'm not sure if I understand the meaning of what you write above. But if you intend to build a plane which can be moved from the power output of the propellers alone, then I think you may be in for a disappointment. I would be very surprised (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

<<Snippely-snipp>> (...) ROFLMAO! (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Four prop-plane engine (Was: Re: Another Technic Creation)

(...) Despite my above average interest in WWII planes I could not picture what the Lancaster looks like, so I went to www.airliners.net and searched, they have a couple of photos if anyone else has the same problem :) Here is a good view of the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Four prop-plane engine (Was: Re: Another Technic Creation)

(...) (URL) also found these: (URL) A (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Ok - a non-lego solution to the large 4 prop aircraft problem, unfortunately not created by me, can be found here: (URL) a video of the same: (URL) one day this will be possible with Lego! I'm not holding my breath though ;-) Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Many, many years ago I managed to get a very light single propellor plane to trundle along at a snail's pace using the old 4.5V Technic motor. The blades on the propellor were made from 2x8 plates somehow fixed to the centre of the prop at (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Do you remember how it "blew up"? I'm uncertain about just how a motor would do that. Some possible results that come to mind: * Windings repel themselves (possible explosion) * Shake to pieces (possible explosion) * Windings vaporize (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) It was about 20 years ago, and I must confess that I ran and hid for five minutes after it happened, but it was virtually instantanenous, I am certain that bits flew off, and that it made a short sharp noise. This is also corroborated by the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Tom - a few months back you posted some piccies of a 2 legged pneumatic walker (Jennifer tracked you down for me - thanks Jen...!). Have you an update for us pneumatics fans on your progress it getting it to balance properly...? Thnx Will (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Excellent stuff! I'm just getting psyched up for my next model, so may the best geek win ;-) Jennifer Clark (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) That figures. I'd actually emailed Jennifer about 'some guy's amazing technic mini-supercar' and sent her a link to your site. Which, it turned out she'd already seen and admired... (...) ... which means if anyone can 'layeth the smackdown', (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) You think my models need more chrome? :-) Perhaps it sounds odd to say, but I don't actually have a "theme" in mind when building; I just try to get the best (in my opinion) balance of mechanics, functions, aesthetics and playability for that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Go to end of page "A. Mark Wilburn" schreef: (...) I am finishing my modifications on the 5571 - BlackCat. I've allready showed it in Holland with the RCX build in, used for steering and driving, control with the Mindstorms RemoteControlUnit. But, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)