 Technic / 2959
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:31:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

While Jennifer Clark's models appear to be extraordinary great with
respect to design and function, I fear that they would be too
complicated to grok for a child in the Technic age bracket.

I'm not quite sure I agree, I think some kids are probably are a lot more
intelligent than we give them credit for, and I think they are getting
brighter?? Where Jennifers models really score for me is the attention to
detail and that sort of detail appears to be like the models you find in
Model Team Technic. (I think that is the right name.) I've never built any
of those models, but they look very detailed.

It must be hard for Lego to know what to aim for. A long time ago when I
first got into Technic Lego I bought the Car Chassis 8860. Somewhere I read
that it would take about 6 hours to build the model. I think it was in the
Lego catalogue?? I was really excited that I would need six hours to build
one model. And was then gutted when I built it from the box in about two
hours. I'm not saying that I was particularly clever or anything, just all
kids are very different and some would really revel in this amount of
complexity.

Mike

PS I can't figure out what 'grok' is. Is it a typing error??