 Technic / 2960
Re: 8880 Hydralics (sp?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:17:45 GMT

I know you have already answered yourself, Rob, and have abandoned your plan,
but still I knew I had seen something like this idea before (I found the link
at Fredrik Glockner's site):

http://staticip.cx/~benw/lego/car/

This design by Ben Williamson uses small pneumatic cylinders for the front
wheels and large pneumatic cylinders for the rear wheels.

In lugnet.technic, Rob Bryson writes:
i was wondering if it would be possible to add hydralics to an 8880.
essentially, you would have to replace all of the shocks with large
pneumatic cylinders to get the effect done right.  perhaps you could use an
electric compressor like in the 8868.  perhaps you could leave one shock on
and just replace the other one, if the pneumatics are strong enough.  now
you wouldnt get the "bouncing" effect of those 80's cars, but you could at
least get some height displacement, and the fact that the 8880 has full
independent suspension makes a cooler effect possible.

Rob (im new here:)