 Technic / 3024
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:01:02 GMT

Jennifer Clark wrote:

[]

I've thought about this too, using the gears in a fashion more akin to that of the
Space Shuttle, to switch between different modes of steering such as crab and
coordinated. The only real obstacle I could think of would be re-sychronising the
steering of each axle when switching from one mode to another. I'm still thinking
about it. What was your angle on this?

I've been toying with this -- mostly on paper -- as well, in attempt to
convert my 8448 to four-wheel dual-mode steering. Unfortunately, as far
as I can tell, the only way to do it its to only switch modes when the
wheels are all straight. I can, of course, see an easy algorithm for
handling automatically switching to crab mode and back, but I can't see
any way to implement it mechanically (at least, without motors and
(perhaps) an RCX).

But then I'm kinda new at this.

Mark Cogan    marq@arttoday.com                     +1-520-881-8101
ArtToday      www.arttoday.com