 Technic / 3022
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:13:24 GMT

Selçuk Göre wrote:

Then I realized which stands for what, and
even I changed it's transmission from the original 2 gear to 3 gear one
after understanding its function from the pictures of the book.

I remember this too, and also remembering building the thing and wondering why
they were closing off one of the gears - they did it with a 1x1 plate if
I remember correctly? I think it was because the engine went amazingly fast in
the lowest gear when you pushed the car around, and I would imagine that if you
hadn't built it too well the drive chain would probably stick.

I'm sure the instructions told you to block off the highest gear when you
motorised it as well, for obvious reasons.

Jennifer Clark